Thirteen Things I Love about My Valentine
1. He’s funny. OMG, is he funny. Fluids come out of my nose daily since I’ve met this man.
2. He’s diverse. He loves Yanni. And Tracy Chapman. And the Cure. And GWAR.
3. He’s a take-charge kind of guy. Being the oldest of seven, that’ll do it to ya, I guess.
4. He loves kids. His love for MAM radiates from the core of his very being.
5. He has pretty hazel eyes. (Just ask him–he’ll tell you)
6. He does the dishes. (God love him. He does the dishes)
7. He and I travel very well together. After one bad road trip with a friend, we made up a “rules of the road” contract, basically saying that we are never going to ride for long distances of time with other adults in the car. Because really, it’s more fun when it’s just the two of us.
8. He will brush off the snow and scrape the ice off my car if it’s out over night.
9. He is all about technology, photographs and backing things up. So we have very technologically advanced photographs on multilple storage devices. I love that.
10. He feeds my candy habit.
11. He doesn’t drink coffee, yet is completely respectful and supportive of the fact that I do, and that I function better if I do.
12. He fills my car up with gas. (After he does the dishes. God love him.)
13. He helps me to see the lighter side of things, which is good, because sometimes I have a hard time doing that.
Happy Valentine’s Day, BgK! XOXOX
If I Had A Million Dollars
(start humming that Bare Naked Ladies song about now)
1) Pay off this house and make it a rental property
2) Buy a new house
3)Fund our IRA’s
4) Adopt another baby (or 2)
5)Buy furniture for our house
6)We’d probably start our own business–I don’t know what it would be, exactly, but this kind of windfall would surely fund something
7)Buy at least one new-to-us car (a Pacific?a Freestyle?)
8)Go on a cruise
9) Replace our TV from 1994.
10) Fund a college fund for MAM, and any subsequent children
11) Make a nice donation to our favorite charities (ACS, the agency we used for MAM)
12)Have Lasik surgery!
13) Would there really be any more money left over after taxes?!?!
What would you spend your million dollars on??
Up this week: Thirteen Things Stacked on my Coffee Table (lest you think I just have a stack of crap in my living room, my coffee table actually has cubbies, so it’s not all on the top of the table)
1. my big accordian coupon file
2. MAM’s baby book
3. our scrapbook of travels before MAM came along
4. my “home life” organization binder
5. a three hole punch
6. a container of q-tips (they haven’t found their way to the bathroom yet, I guess)
7. Dora’s Puzzle Adventure book
8. stacks of Parents and Family Fun magazines
9. a binder of food allergy information
10. books I’ve reviewed for Mother Talk
11. our church directory
12. this week’s sales ads for the grocery
13. one purple slipper that fits MAM
Makes you want to come on over and make yourself at home, no? See what others are up to at Thursday Thirteen!
p.s. are you interested in a handmade Pay-It-Forward exchange? Comment on this post!