Today was really the first day of school–the first day of school in our newly constructed building. Reasons why it rocked:
1. I didn’t have to apply bug spray or sunscreen
2. I didn’t have to play camp counselor
3. My students were happy not to be in “the log cabin” anymore.
4. No one wet their pants.
5. A few parents banded together and gave the staff an appreciation luncheon–La Fiesta style
6. I didn’t break a sweat.
7. The day was pleasant and went by quickly.
8. I had enough energy when I got home to cook dinner and do a few things, not just zone out on the couch.
Truly, this was the best first day of real school ever. Partially, I think, because we were all so grateful to be off the ever-loving prairie!!!
To top it off, MAM came home with NO wet clothes. We’ve been averaging 1-2 pairs of wet undies a day, which is perfectly understandably. Today? None. Now she didn’t go 100% at home, but that’s ok. Making it to the potty for 9 hours straight is quite a feat!
The one odd thing is that her cough is back–it started yesterday, and she coughed through the night and during nap today. She’s gone to be early because she was so exhausted. She’s had absolutely no milk, so I’m thinking the cough may be the product of one of the other triggers which may have snuck into her diet. Have you ever tried eliminating SOY? Nearly impossible. If it’s gone tomorrow, we’ll know it was for sure a reaction and not a cold (I think).
If the first day of school hadn’t gone so swimmingly well, I think I’d start studying dietetics and consider changing careers.