Five things I’ve been meaning to blog about:
1) This article. M already multi-tasks while she chats on any number of phones she can find around the house. FRIGHTENING. She beelines for the kids computers at the library (although she just bangs on them at this point). But she’s not all that into TV, and we try to enjoy the silence at home. I know she listens to a lot of music at daycare, but they don’t do TV of any sort. Toward the end of the article it talks about how children need to learn patience and delayed-gratification, and that will help with academic and life pursuits. That’s the Montessori Practical Life curriculum in a nutshell.
2) Fat pants. Had to break them out today for work–all my casual capris were dirty, I had a tour to give so I couldn’t wear the standard jeans today and…..none of my long-work pants seem to fit quite right. They able to be buttoned, but they weren’t pretty. And since most of the people I come into contact are right at ass-level, I didn’t want to scare anyone today. So I busted out the Fat Pants–you know, the pair in the back of the closet for emergencies. High-waisted, zipper-on-the-side, baggy yet-dressy black pants. Pants that, should they ever not fit, you may as well call into work because your ass will certainly not fit in your car if they don’t fit into those pants. Yes, those pants. I HATE them. But I suffered through it, nibbling on carrot sticks and fruit all day, and coming up with a plan to fit back into my long pants before it gets really chilly. Yikes!!
3) Teething. Seriously, will it EVER end??
4) I thought there was a # 4. Maybe I was wrong.
5) I’m going to a concert tonight!! I’m so jazzed!! John Mayer and Sherly Crow. Weee!!