Here I am, finally home from a long weekend education conference. The conference was incredible for many, many reasons, some of which I may or may not delve into over the next few days. Let me just run down in list formation things that happened or that I learned while I was away:
1) A small hole in your sock at the beginning of a day of travel gets progressively bigger and more annoying as the day goes on. It can make one feel very self-concisous as you go shoeless through security.
2) “Full Service” hotels charge more than Starbucks for a cup of coffee, and more than any place else on the planet (I think) for Wi-Fi. $12.99 a day in your room–are you kidding me??
3) Toddlers sound VERY old on the phone. And very far away.
4) I saw four friends/colleagues that I hadn’t seen in over 9 years and didn’t expect to see…yet upon seeing each other we ran up and embraced right away. Obviously, these means we are all aging well since we recognized each other right away. Right?
5) It is fan-freakin’-tastic to come home to a clean house and to a giant prize from a fantabulous giveaway.
With that, I am going to go get my head screwed on straight for tomorrow morning.