Nearly every teacher my kids have had say the same thing. They say, “You can tell they’ve been read to.” I know what they mean- they want to listen to stories, they’ve pretty much always known which way a book opens, and they’ve always had their favorites. Now one of their favorite “treat” meals is featuring one of their favorite things- books.
McDonald’s of Central Indiana is holding a “Give a Book, Get a Book” campaign for the first half of November. Donate a gently used book at a collection location, and get a coupon for a free Happy Meal. What’s the Happy Meal toy through November 14th? Why it’s books! See all of the collection spots on Indy with Kids. We’ll be heading down to Indy Reads with some books we’re ready to pass on soon.
McDonalds USA will be distributing four books, especially written for this campaign, featuring characters making nutritional and active lifestyle choices. They are super cute, and I know they’ll be a big hit with my crew.
Want a chance to win some Happy Meals for your crew, one of featured Happy Meal books, as well as gift card for more books? Enter the giveaway below!
This giveaway will be open from November 1 through Friday, November 8th around 9pm.
Enter to win a week’s worth of Happy Meal coupons, a features Happy Meal book, and a $10 Amazon gift card by leaving a comment- tell me one of your favorite childhood reads or one of your kids!
After that, you can enter for additional chances to win by doing any or all of the following, leaving a comment for each one.
- Go like my Facebook page- it’s www.facebook.com/gotchababyblog and it needs fans.
- Follow @gotchababy (that’s me) and @MyIndyMcDonalds on Twitter.
- Post a photo of a book you’ll donate on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram- be sure to tag it #mcIndymoms
- Have a Happy Meal box at your house? Stopping for lunch sometime soon? Post a photo of a Happy Meal (the food, the box, a book) – be sure to tag it #mcIndymoms
- Share this giveaway- “Check out Give a Book-Get a Book from @MyIndyMcDonalds and enter to win a fun prize @gotchababy: http://bit.ly/19YcTzl #mcIndymoms” (Or make the above more Facebook friendly)
Want more chances to win? Check out these other #mcIndyMoms and their giveaways:
Disclosure: I have been compensated for this post, but my love of books and Happy Meals are all my own.