It finally happened

The Monkey has her first ear infection. While it stinks, it’s not nearly as bad as what I was bracing myself for. Actually, left up to me, we may not have had a diagnosis as soon as we did. Remember how I said she fell 2x in 15minutes Tuesday night?? Well, on Wednesday, M’s teacher greeted me with, “first, let me say, we are not beating your child…” M had lost her balance and crashed into the table and now has a bruise and a cut under her eye!!! So sad. Then they tell me she’s been pulling on her ears. On my way out, the director stops and mentions that sometimes those are signs of an ear infection… on my way out the door, I call the Dr’s office (which is literally across the street from Rainbow–how great is that?) and they can see us in 30 minutes. So we kill time by going to the bank, and the Dr. then confirms that yes, BOTH EARS appear to be infected.

So we then schlep it over to Meijer’s drive thru pharmacy, drop of the script, kill time walking around the store and by 5pm, she’s got her first dose of her meds down. Honestly, she’s doing OK, and I think her teeth are bugging her more than her ears. Except that she’s doing this crazy head bob from side to side, so she may be feeling something there.


The big gala I’ve been working on is tomorrow night! I’m so excited. As I type, I have a few items in my car, including sample portraits from Jennifer Driscoll photography. I was blown away by what I saw in her studio. She also does, instead of photo albums, the photobooks you can order on . I LOVE THEM and totally want to make one of our own of M’s first year. I may try to bid on the sitting she donated….but her services are a bit out of our league. The price her wedding packages start at is about what all my photos, cake, flowers, and dress cost….PUT TOGETHER. Anyway, they are awesome, and if you can use her, please do….she’s a supporter of our adoption agency and a very nice lady!!

There’s more talk at work (that I found out late this afternoon) about changing hours and schedules and what not…..which once again makes me question my job security. Which is sad, becuase I’m really enjoying my role right now. But I truly can’t work 12-6pm every day of the week, so if push comes to shove, I guess I’ll be pushed out the door. There’s LOTS of crazy crap flying around the building….sort of a mutiny. Without any sort of personnel boss currently, a few of the teachers are getting a little out of control with the controlling of things in the school. Honest to God, yesterday two were arguing how to sort the trash from what needs to be donated to Goodwill. Seriously, everyone there’s gone a little batty.

Anyway, I’ve got a few things that could possibly work out as alternative employment options. L being in school makes it trickier, because daycare will have to be factored in, but at least now I know I can do it. Or we can make more changes and I can be SAHM, which would be good too. Although I’m liking our routine now more than I thought I would in the beginning. We’ll have to wait and see, I suppose.

3 Replies to “It finally happened”

  1. Sounds like we may have to compare notes on possible opportunities!

    I’ll have to call you this weekend and get the updates on the gala we’re missing and see what’s up.

    Glad to hear baby girl is doing okay!!!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.